Thursday, April 10, 2008

Seperation Anxiety

No longer do I share an office with Autumn. She has had enough. She needs her own space. She didn't really come right out an say it... and I can't be mad about that -- I wouldn't have either. But it does make everything feel weird.

So, onward with and to my "new life"!

Now, I am in a very spacious room that is full of stuff. Books and posters and all sorts of knick-knacks, things to capture, well, anyone's imagination. I like that I get to see sunlight if I want it. But also, it feels "better" in some undefineable way.

For example, I get to see Teresa more. While she is usually moving through the space, preparing for something else, it is nice to see her and allow our getting to know each other to commence in full.

More than anything, tho, I get to see my kids up here. Some like, Alaina, was never tutored in the small office. However, Kaitleen has been all over. Ladan was here, too, complaining because she wants stickers --- like the ones Autumn gives her kids. I am loathe to do so. I think I give my kids self-esteem, self-confidence and a real willingness. Not saying she doesn't! But I give of myself. Why do you need a sticker? I told her Monday I would have stickers. And I will, but maybe only for her since she is my only student in Mrs. Longo's class.

Ladan is new. I talked about her before Spring Break. She's nothing short of a diva at the age of 6. Knows what she wants and knows how to get it. Yeah, she's a touch scary!!!

LOL

Q

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home